DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “China
Human Vaccine Industry Report, 2017-2021” report has been added
to Research and Markets’ offering.
Pushed by the two-child policy, population aging, and launching of new
vaccines, the vaccine industry in China will grow rapidly with an
estimated market size of up to RMB31.2 billion in 2021.
The human vaccine industry presented the following main
characteristics in 2016 in China
Affected by the illegal vaccine case in Mar 2016 in Shandong, the
country’s lot release volume of human vaccines came to 553.6 million
doses through the year 2016, down 3.8% over the previous year. The lot
release volume of ten vaccines (Hepatitis B vaccine, Diphtheria, Tetanus
and acellular Pertussis combined vaccine (adsorbed), rabies vaccine,
Japanese encephalitis vaccine, poliomyelitis vaccine, meningococcal
vaccine, measles and rubella combined attenuated live vaccine, MMR
combined attenuated live vaccine, influenza vaccine, and Hepatitis A
Vaccine) was relatively higher, totaling 467.2 million doses, 84.4% of
the country’s total, a year-on-year 1.4% drop.
The Chinese human vaccine market had been highly concentrated, primarily
dominated by Beijing Tiantan Biological Products, Chengdu Institute of
Biological Products, Shanghai Institute of Biological Products, Lanzhou
Institute of Biological Products, Wuhan Institute of Biological
Products, and Changchun Institute of Biological Products under China
National Biotec Group Company Limited.
In 2016, China National Biotec Group accounted for 52.6% of the
country’s lot release volume of human vaccines, compared with a small
fraction of market share for Liaoning Chengda Biotechnology, Changsheng
Bio-technology, Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products, Chongqing Zhifei
Biological Products, Beijing Minhai Biotechnology, Walvax Biotechnology,
Changchun BCHT Biotechnology, Hualan Biological Engineering, Zhejiang
Tianyuan Bio-Pharmaceutical, and Sinovac Biotech.
Major Chinese vaccine enterprises have intensified their efforts for R&D
in order to enhance overall competitiveness in recent years. Walvax
Biotechnology has started HPV-2 industrialization project and is
expected to launch the product in 2019, and meanwhile has put its
13-valent pneumococcal combined vaccine in phase III clinical trial and
is predicted to bring the product to the market in 2018 or 2019.
Launching of new vaccines will make the company more competitive.
Along with full implementation of the two-child policy in Oct 2015, the
country’s newborns increased sharply to 17.86 million in 2016 and will
remain above 18 million each year over the next five years. Meanwhile,
the population aged 60 and over reached 230.9 million by the end of 2016
and is expected to hit 245.3 million by 2021. In addition, some domestic
enterprises have set about developing new vaccines like HPV vaccine and
13-valent pneumococcal vaccine which are expected to be available on the
market in 2018 or 2019.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Vaccine Industry
2. China Human Vaccine Industry Development Analysis
3. Human Vaccine Market Segments in China
4. Major Vaccine Manufacturers in China
- Beijing Minhai Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Tiantan Biological Products Co., Ltd
- Beijing Tiantan Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Changchun BCHT Biotechnology Co. Ltd.
- Changchun Changsheng Life Sciences Limited
- Changchun Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Chengdu Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- China National Biotec Group
- Chongqing Zhifei Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Convac Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Aleph Biomedical Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Hissen Bio-Pharm Co., Ltd.
- Hualan Biological Engineering Inc.
- Jiangsu SimcereVaxtec Bio-pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Lanzhou Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Liaoning Cheng Da Co., Ltd.
- NCPC GeneTech Biotechnology Development Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Sanofi Pasteur Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Sinovac Biotech Ltd.
- Walvax Biotechnology Co, Ltd.
- Wuhan Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Xiamen Innovax Biotech CO., LTD.
- Zhejiang Tianyuan Bio-Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9slbnl/china_human
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716