DGAP-News: Epigenomics AG / Key word(s): Quarterly / Interim Statement
09.05.2018 / 08:20
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
Epigenomics AG announces 2018 First Quarter Financial Results
Berlin (Germany) and Germantown, MD (U.S.A.), May 9, 2018 – Epigenomics AG (FSE: ECX, OTCQX: EPGNY), or the “Company”, today announced its financial results for the first quarter 2018 ended March 31.
Q1/2018 Financial results
– Total revenue slightly increased to EUR 309 thousand (Q1 2017: EUR 281 thousand) due to higher product sales (+38%).
– Operating costs increased to EUR 3.6 million (Q1 2017: EUR 3.1 million), mainly due to higher R&D expenses for the FDA required Epi proColon(R) post approval study.
– Operating loss (EBIT) increased to EUR 3.3 million (Q1 2017: EUR 2.7 million). EBITDA (loss) before expenses for share-based compensation increased to EUR 3.2 million (Q1 2017: EUR 2.4 million).
– Net loss increased to EUR 3.2 million (Q1 2017: EUR 2.4 million). Loss per share increased to EUR 0.13 (Q1 2017: EUR 0.10).
– Cash consumption increased to EUR 2.4 million (Q1 2017: EUR 1.6 million).
– The Company’s liquidity (cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities) at the reporting date was EUR 11.2 million (Dec 31, 2017: EUR 13.7 million).
– U.S. Senators Capito and Heinrich Introduce Bi-Partisan Colorectal Cancer Detection Bill: Senators Shelley Moore Capito (R -WV) and Martin Heinrich (D – NM), introduced the “Colorectal Cancer Detection Act of 2018” to the United States Senate in Washington D.C. This Senate Bill (S. 2523) is parallel to House Bill (H.R. 1578) “Donald Payne Sr. Colorectal Cancer Detection Act” introduced by Congressman Donald M. Payne, Jr. (D – NJ). These bipartisan initiatives aim to provide payment and coverage under the Medicare program for FDA-approved qualifying colorectal cancer screening blood-based tests.
– Blood test shows promise in the detection of liver cancer: Results from two clinical studies published in EBioMedicine supported by Cell Press and The Lancet, demonstrated high accuracy of Epigenomics’ proprietary epigenetic circulating biomarker mSEPT9 in detecting liver cancer among patients with cirrhosis. In the studies, the mSEPT9 test exhibited higher diagnostic accuracy than the currently established diagnostic marker. A further independent, prospective clinical study with 440 patients was initiated.
Outlook 2018 confirmed
– The Company confirms the outlook for the financial year 2018 as provided in the Annual Report 2017 published on March 23, 2018.
– Overall, we expect that revenue will increase but will remain on low levels, ranging between EUR 2.0 million and EUR 4.0 million.
– We anticipate that EBITDA before share-based payment expenses will be in a range EUR -11.5 million and EUR -14.0 million in 2018.
The report on the first quarter 2018 can be downloaded from Epigenomics’ website at:
Conference call for analysts and investors
The Company will host a conference call and webcast at 3.30 pm CET / 9.30 am EDT, today. The presentation can be followed on the Company’s website.
The dial-in numbers for the conference call are:
Germany: +49 30 232531428
The webcast will be made available on: https://em-tn.meetyoo.de/?token=S9v8V9jaCGQ%3D&lang=en
An audio replay of the conference call will be provided on Epigenomics’ website subsequently.
Epigenomics is a molecular diagnostics company focused on blood-based detection of cancers using its proprietary DNA methylation biomarker technology. The company develops and commercializes diagnostic products across multiple cancer indications with high medical need. Epigenomics’ lead product, Epi proColon(R), is a blood-based screening test for the detection of colorectal cancer. Epi proColon has received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is currently marketed in the United States, Europe, and China and selected other countries. Epi proLung(R), a blood-based test for lung cancer detection, has received CE mark in Europe.
For more information, visit www.epigenomics.com.
Epigenomics legal disclaimer
This communication expressly or implicitly contains certain forward-looking statements concerning Epigenomics AG and its business. Such statements involve certain known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which could cause the actual results, financial condition, performance or achievements of Epigenomics AG to be materially different from any expected results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Epigenomics AG is providing this communication as of this date and does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements contained herein as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
09.05.2018 Dissemination of a Corporate News, transmitted by DGAP – a service of EQS Group AG.
The DGAP Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.
|Phone:||+49 30 24345-0|
|Fax:||+49 30 24345-555|
|Listed:||Regulated Market in Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange|
|End of News||DGAP News Service|