HYDERABAD, India–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#DrSatyanarayanaChava–Laurus Labs Ltd. (Laurus), a leading research and development driven
pharmaceutical company in India announces its 9M & Q3 FY17 results.
9M FY17 results:
- Total Revenue grew by 9.7% to Rs.14,459 mn from Rs.13,179 mn
- EBITDA increased by 23.1% to Rs.3,199 mn versus Rs.2,598 mn
- PAT higher by 40.5% to Rs.1,277 mn from Rs.909 mn
EPS (Diluted) for the period stood at Rs.12.9 per share (not
Q3 FY17 results:
- Total Revenue grew by 12.3% to Rs.5,054 mn from Rs.4,501 mn
- EBITDA increased by 9.4% to Rs.1,115 mn versus Rs.1,019 mn
- PAT higher by 17.5% to Rs.472 mn from Rs.402 mn
- EPS (Diluted) for the period stood at Rs.4.7 per share (not annualised)
Business Highlights – 9M FY17:
Prepayment of long term loans of Rs.2,263 million from IPO proceeds,
Rs.585 million spent on general corporate purposes after meeting IPO
expenses of Rs.150 million.
- Capex investments in first nine months Rs.2,584 million.
R & D opex investments Rs.773 million and 5.3% as percentage of sales
during Apr – Dec, 2016
In partnership with Laurus, Natco has launched Velpatasivir (Hep-C)
product in Nepal and is geared up for launch in India upon approval.
As on Dec 2016, the Company has filed 202 patent applications and 37
- Expansion of R & D centre at Hyderabad completed.
As on date filed 2 ANDAs and in addition completed 4 product
Capacity expansion of 5 billion tablets is expected to complete by end
- US FDA and WHO inspection scheduled during March 2017 for Unit 2.
FDF opex investments are Rs.821 million which includes Rs.253 million
relating to the R& D during Apr – Dec, 2016
Unit 5 (dedicated manufacturing facility for Aspen) is inaugurated and
is operational in Nov ‘16
Laurus signed manufacturing and supply agreement for Oncology NCE for
clinical phase and commercial supplies
Dr. Satyanarayana Chava nominated as one of the members of US
pharmacopeia Board of Trustees (BoT)
Laurus Labs received Pharmaexcil patent Silver Award for the
contribution in the category of Bulk Drugs /APIs to India’s
Pharmaceutical Exports during the year 2015-16
For more information about us, please visit http://www.lauruslabs.com.
Laurus Labs Ltd.
Pavan Kumar N, +91 40 3980 4380