DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w2srzv/analysis_of_the)
has announced the addition of the “Analysis
of the Global Human Albumin Market and Product Pipeline” report
to their offering.
The study provides an assessment of the marketed and pipeline products
for the global human albumin market. Segmentation by application has
been provided along with additional information such as clinical trial
timelines and results, and historical and projected launch timelines.
The marketed and pipeline products have been broadly segmented into
those used in replacement therapy (fluid-volume replacement therapy), in
drug formulation and delivery, as stabilisers for vaccines, and as
excipients in imaging and in-vitro fertilisation products. The market
shares of the key companies operating in this space have also been
– Human albumin production is driven by the global increase in
fractionation of blood and the rising demand for human albumin in
Asia-Pacific (APAC) nations such as China and India.
– The human albumin market is highly consolidated and dominated by top
participants, namely, CSL Behring, Grifols, Kedrion, Octapharma, and
Biotest. Manufacturers are likely to adopt premium pricing to meet the
emerging demand for human albumin in the non-therapeutic segment.
– The human albumin market is characterised by advancements in the use
of human albumin protein as a vehicle for the delivery of drugs and
extension of the shelf life of drugs/biologics.
– These innovations are revolutionising the standard treatment regimen
by reducing the requirement for additional doses or injections, better
tolerance, and improved efficacy of the drug action.
– Human albumin has been widely used in clinical settings as a plasma
expander or as replacement therapy. However, for over a decade, the use
of human albumin as a non-therapeutic substance/excipient, that is, as a
drug carrier, stabilising agent in vaccine, and as a sealant in
surgeries and coatings in medical devices and diagnostic kits is being
explored and developed for commercial settings.
– There are a limited number of trials for human albumin used for
therapeutic purposes. As of now, the key therapeutic use of human
albumin (Albutein) in Alzheimer’s disease is being evaluated by Grifols.
– Most of the human albumin clinical trials are being evaluated for the
non-therapeutic/excipient segment with regard to use of human albumin as
a drug formulation agent, stabiliser, or fusion protein for half-life
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Methodology and Scope
3. Market Background
4. Competitive Landscape – Human Albumin: Marketed and Pipeline Products
5. Pivotal Trials – Phase 3 and Phase 2
6. Product Dashboard – Key Marketed and Phase 3 Products
– CSL Behring
– Novo Nordisk
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w2srzv/analysis_of_the
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716