SARomics Biostructures provides premium protein crystallization, protein crystallography and structure-based drug design outsourcing services.
Saromics – structure-based drug design
Benefits of outsourcing your project to SARomics Biostructures :
- You will avoid major investments in building up the infrastructure and expertise required at the early stages of a discovery project.
- You will receive maximum benefits thanks to its unique agreement with the Max-lab synchrotron radiation facility: quick access to a high-throughput crystallization laboratory and crystallography beamlines with tunable wave-length, equipped with automatic sample changer and humidity control to maximize the efficiency of data collection, save time and reduce project costs. This also allows for avoiding waiting time and transportation of crystals to remote synchrotrons.
SARomics Biostructures services are provided on a fee-for-service basis with a project-based payment schedule, which includes a startup fee and additional milestone-based payments. Its contract drug discovery outsourcing services platform offers in silico screening and fragment-based lead discovery (FBDD) services for any target with known three-dimensional structure. Its services program is based on the following scheme:
- in silico compound selection and library design
- Docking, pharmacophore and shape based virtual screening
- Hit identification, expansion and optimization
- Scaffold hopping and lead optimization
- Crystallization of target protein in complex with ligand
- QSAR analys and optimization
- 2D fingerprint similarity and dissimilarity methods
- Predictive ADME
SARomics Biostructures is based in Lund (Sweden), conveniently located in the heart of Medicon Valley, one of Europe’s strongest biotech clusters. Its labs and offices are located at Medicon Village, a new research center created at the former Astra Zeneca site in Lund. The company was founded in 2006 and quickly established itself as the No 1 provider of protein 3D structure determination and structure-based drug discovery services in Scandinavia. SARomics Biostructures is a research-intensive company, managed by a highly experienced team of professionals with many years of solid industrial and academic research background and with complementary key expertise in all areas of structural biology and structure-based drug design, including protein crystallization, X-ray crystallography, NMR spectroscopy, computational chemistry, drug discovery and drug design. SARomics Biostructures’ Management Team is composed by Björn Walse, Derek Logan, Bo Svensson, Salam Al-Karadaghi and Mikael Akke. Currently the company provides premium structural biology services worldwide (more than 100 clients in Scandinavia, Asia, Europe and North America).
More about Saromics : www.saromics.com