DGAP-News: SYNLAB AG
/ Key word(s): Contract
26.05.2021 / 07:30
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
SYNLAB and Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa extend partnership for comprehensive PCR-testing for SARS-CoV-2 in Finland
– SYNLAB and Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa renew contract for comprehensive PCR-testing on SARS-CoV-2 in Finland
– SYNLAB will analyse and evaluate an estimated 5,000 – 20,000 PCR-tests per day, with SYNLAB’s Helsinki laboratory functioning as central hub laboratory
– New contract will apply from August 2021 for a minimum of 7 months and run up to December 2023
– Total revenue from the contract is estimated around EUR 50 million per year, with a minimum of around EUR 35 million
SYNLAB, Europe’s leading medical diagnostics services provider, and Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa (HUS), Finland’s largest medical care specialist, announce the renewal of their successful partnership for comprehensive PCR-testing for SARS-CoV-2 in Finland, as a result of a public tender process. The cooperation will strengthen the capabilities of the Finnish healthcare system in the COVID- 19 response, and it will further increase protection for the Finnish people.
In close collaboration, SYNLAB and HUS will analyse about 5,000 – 20,000 PCR-tests per day from individuals sampled all over Finland. The analysis and evaluation of the tests will be carried out on a 24/7 basis at SYNLAB’s Helsinki laboratory, which is already playing a central role in the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic response in Finland. Patients will receive their test results securely, quickly, and conveniently within 12 – 24 hours.
This contract is an extension of the previous partnership initiated in April 2020. It will start in August 2021 for a minimum of 7 months and run up to December 2023.
“We are grateful to continue our close collaboration with HUS. We will spare no effort to support the Finnish healthcare system both in the COVID-19 response and “back to normal” phase. Building up on SYNLAB’s strong commitment to medical excellence and customer centricity, we will provide state-of-the-art medical diagnostic services that are focused on patients and their needs,” says Mathieu Floreani, CEO of SYNLAB.
Aarne Aktan, CEO of SYNLAB Finland, underlines SYNLAB’s commitment to complement the Finnish healthcare system and says: “We look forward to continuing our successful and trusted collaboration with Finland’s largest hospital network. Based on our local experienced medical teams and network of SARS-CoV-2 testing services, we will deliver rapid results to patients using advanced technology in our laboratory in Helsinki.”
Lasse Lehtonen, Director of Diagnostic services in HUS, sees the continuation of the collaboration being positive for both parties. “We have been happy with SYNLAB’s testing capability so far and we are looking forward in continuing the cooperation. This agreement enables fast, secure and scalable SARS-CoV-2 testing services for us – with enough capacity to fulfil the needs of our region as well as our nationwide border controlling.”
– End –
For more information:
– SYNLAB, (ISIN: DE000A2TSL71, SYMBOL: SYAB) is the largest European clinical laboratory and medical diagnostic services company and offers a full range of innovative and reliable medical diagnostics for patients, practising doctors, clinics and the pharmaceutical industry.
– Providing the leading level of service within the industry, SYNLAB is the partner of choice for diagnostics in human and veterinary medicine. The Group continuously innovates medical diagnostic services for the benefit of patients and customers.
– SYNLAB operates in 36 countries across four continents and holds leading positions in most markets. Around 20,000 employees, including over 1,200 medical experts, as well as a large number of other specialists such as biologists, chemists and laboratory technicians, contribute every day to the Group’s worldwide success. SYNLAB carries out ~500 million laboratory tests per year and achieved revenues of EUR 2.6 billion in 2020.
– More information can be found on www.synlab.com
The DGAP Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.
|Moosacher Straße 88|
|Listed:||Regulated Market in Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange|
|EQS News ID:||1200513|
|End of News||DGAP News Service|