DGAP-News: SYNLAB AG
/ Key word(s): Acquisition/Acquisition
26.07.2021 / 08:30
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
– Gruppo Tronchet’s long-standing regional presence in the Emilia-Romagna region bolster’s SYNLAB’s market share and leading position in Italy
– Gruppo Tronchet’s integrated service offering, including diagnostics, medical visits, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, as well as occupational medicine, complements and expands SYNLAB’s expertise and portfolio of patient-centric healthcare services
– Integration of Gruppo Tronchet’s 17 healthcare centres into SYNLAB’s international laboratory network enables mutual knowledge transfer and ultimately improves patient services on the ground
SYNLAB, Europe’s leading medical diagnostics services provider, and Gruppo Tronchet, the leading group of medical centres in Bologna, jointly announce the integration of Gruppo Tronchet’s 17 healthcare centres in Northern Italy into the international SYNLAB network. Gruppo Tronchet’s strong regional presence and its integrated service offering make SYNLAB become the leading provider of healthcare services in the Emilia-Romagna region and fosters the company’s number one position in Italy.
With an annual revenue of EUR 22 million in 2020 and a dense network of patient-centric healthcare centres in and around Bologna, Gruppo Tronchet is a long-standing, crucial provider of healthcare services in the Emilia-Romagna region. The company incorporates a strong portfolio of integrated services. In addition to diagnostics, Gruppo Tronchet is specialised in medical visits, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, as well as occupational medicine.
The inclusion of Gruppo Tronchet in the international SYNLAB network allows SYNLAB to leverage medical expertise on both sides and to further expand its already comprehensive offering of healthcare services. With an increasing focus on preventing diseases and developing therapies early on, Gruppo Tronchet’s portfolio effectively complements SYNLAB’s leadership position in diagnostic services.
Mathieu Floreani, CEO of SYNLAB, highlights the value Gruppo Tronchet creates for the SYNLAB network: “With its well-established presence and high reputation as well as its broad, integrated offering, Gruppo Tronchet adds significant value to the SYNLAB network in Italy. The acquisition of Gruppo Tronchet does not only consolidate our number one position in the Italian diagnostics market. It also equips SYNLAB with great expertise allowing us to provide patients with an even more comprehensive medical offering. We are looking forward to welcoming our new colleagues to the SYNLAB family.”
Giorgio Tronchet, CEO of Gruppo Tronchet, adds: “The integration into the SYNLAB network will allow our healthcare centres to benefit from SYNLAB’s great international diagnostic expertise. Combined with our diverse and long-standing offering, we will provide the best possible medical services to patients in the region. This is a great opportunity for our employees, our Group, and ultimately our patients that we want to realise.”
The acquisition of Gruppo Tronchet marks an important step in SYNLAB’s long-term strategy. Since the start of 2021, SYNLAB completed 12 acquisitions for a total Enterprise Value of about EUR 108 million. SYNLAB is well on track to reach in 2021 the EUR 200 million of M&A spending per annum set as mid-term guidance.
For more information:
– SYNLAB, (ISIN: DE000A2TSL71, SYMBOL: SYAB) is the largest European clinical laboratory and medical diagnostic services company and offers a full range of innovative and reliable medical diagnostics for patients, practising doctors, clinics and the pharmaceutical industry.
– Providing the leading level of service within the industry, SYNLAB is the partner of choice for diagnostics in human and veterinary medicine. The Group continuously innovates medical diagnostic services for the benefit of patients and customers.
– SYNLAB operates in 36 countries across four continents and holds leading positions in most markets. Around 20,000 employees, including over 1,200 medical experts, as well as a large number of other specialists such as biologists, chemists and laboratory technicians, contribute every day to the Group’s worldwide success. SYNLAB carries out ~500 million laboratory tests per year and achieved revenues of EUR 2.6 billion in 2020.
– More information can be found on www.synlab.com
About Gruppo Tronchet
Gruppo Tronchet is a leading group of medical centres in the Bologna area. Founded in 1968 by Giorgio Tronchet, the Group has been active in the region for more than 50 years and has become the premier address in Bologna for health and wellness.
The DGAP Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.
|Moosacher Straße 88|
|Listed:||Regulated Market in Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange|
|EQS News ID:||1221484|
|End of News||DGAP News Service|