Walgreens Makes it Easy for Customers to Experience Quick, Convenient Holiday Shopping
Walgreens Makes it Easy for Customers to Experience Quick, Convenient Holiday Shopping
Take five minutes with Walgreens this holiday season to explore trending, budget-friendly gifts and essentials
DEERFIELD, Ill.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Walgreens has everything you need to keep things merry and bright – with convenient in-person and online shopping options to save the day, especially when you need help last-minute. According to a new Walgreens U.S. gift giving trend survey, 83% of Americans found themselves getting a gift for someone at the very last minute—a trend even more common among Gen Z (90%) and parents (92%).
To relieve the pressure of last-minute holiday shopping this season, Walgreens is offering free 1-hour Delivery on orders $20+ during peak shopping moments including December 24 and 25.* At all other times, 1-hour Delivery is free on orders $35+.
Walgreens offers quick inspiration for everyone on your list. With thousands of items available in-store and online, it’s easy to pick out a gift during a five-minute visit to your neighborhood Walgreens or by quickly browsing online or via the Walgreens app.
- Hosts with the Most: Top gifts such as the Frankford Espresso Martini Kit to mix your own festive drink at home and a Modern Expressions Cheese Board Knife Set for your Christmas charcuterie board will be sure to set anyone up for success hosting a holiday gathering.
- Teens & Tweens: Delight the toughest critics on your list with trending items like toys and trading cards, slippers, and Walgreens exclusive Iced Matcha Squishmallow or play it safe with a gift card.
- Beauty Gurus: Gift sets like the Essie 4 Piece Holiday Kit, and stocking stuffers like the Walgreens Jade Roller, or the e.l.f. Beauty Blush Wand will dazzle and delight.
- A Personalized Touch: Unique gifts such as a Custom Puzzle, a Holiday Photo Ornament, or a Modern Expressions Monogram Mug can be a great way to show loved ones you’re thinking of them.
Prepare for last-minute invites and unexpected guests by having some extra gifts, wrapping and supplies on-hand. From friends, coworkers and extended family to the postal carrier and children’s teachers, 73% of Americans say that they have received a holiday or Christmas gift from someone who they did not already have a gift for.
Last-Minute Hosting Essentials with Ease
With a broad range of flexible fulfillment options, Walgreens makes it quick, easy, and convenient to check final holiday items off your list – especially if you’re on a tight schedule. Walgreens offers customers fast and simple solutions for getting retail products in-store or online. This holiday season, customers can take five minutes to explore online from the comfort of their homes and get the items quickly with 1-hour Delivery, 24-hour Delivery and 30-minute Pickup.
- 1-hour and 24-hour Delivery: Walgreens locations nationwide offer delivery in as little as one hour, allowing customers to place orders up to 7 p.m. local time for delivery of more than 27,000 retail items right to their door. For around-the-clock shopping and health and wellness needs, the retailer fulfills orders 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via 24-hour Delivery from 450+ 24-hour Walgreens locations across the country.**
- 30-minute Pickup: Walgreens customers can place orders for pickup in as little as 30 minutes. Customers must place their order at least one hour before their local Walgreens store closes.****
- Christmas Day Delivery and Pickup: Walgreens will continue to offer 1-hour Delivery for last-minute gifting, holiday, and healthcare essentials**. In most cases, orders must be placed by 4 p.m. local time to accommodate delivery for retail products within adjusted store operating hours. In some instances, order cutoff times may vary based upon store hours. Pickup hours vary by location based on store operating hours.
- Prescription Delivery: Walgreens also offers Same Day Prescription Delivery as a quick and convenient service during the busy holiday season. When submitting an eligible prescription or refill, patients may select same-day prescription delivery by visiting the Walgreens site or mobile app or by calling their store. Patients may enroll for text message notifications that will send a delivery offering when your prescription is ready by texting “Join Rx” to 21525****. At this time, prescription delivery orders are fulfilled separately from retail delivery or retail pickup orders.*****
Stores Open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Christmas Eve: Walgreens will be open during regular business hours. Pharmacy hours vary by location, customers may check their local pharmacy hours using our store locator. All 24-hour locations will remain open 24 hours.
- Christmas Day: Most Walgreens stores will be open with adjusted operating hours from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. 24-hour Walgreens locations and 24-hour pharmacies will continue to remain open. Customers can check their local store hours using our store locator.
Save More with Walgreens
- Holiday Deals of the Week: With Walgreens Holiday Deals of the Week program, customers can save up to 60% on favorite retail products and photo items that are perfect for holiday season must haves, stocking stuffers or gifts. Holiday Deals of the Week run through December 25.
- Holiday Clearance: Save even more at Walgreens with up to 50% off holiday clearance now through December 25, including markdowns on toys, decor, beauty gift sets and more.
- myWalgreens Loyalty Program: With more than 113M+ members, myWalgreens, the company’s free to join loyalty program, offers members personalized digital coupons, saving opportunities and the ability to earn and redeem Walgreens Cash rewards (which can be stacked) when shopping in-store, online or on the app. Now through December 31, Walgreens is offering its myWalgreens members $10 Walgreens Cash rewards when you spend $40+ on eligible items in-store or online.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide.
*Shoppers can take advantage of free 1-hour delivery on orders $20+ from December 15 through December 17, December 24 through December 25, and December 31 through January 1. Delivery restrictions apply. See below for further information.
**Delivery in as little as 1 hour based on national averages, actual times may vary. Exclusions and restrictions apply. Delivery or 1-hour Delivery is available daily from 9 am to 10 pm for eligible items when your order is $35 or more (after promo codes and paperless coupons are applied and before taxes). However, delivery hours and order cut-off times may vary by store location. 24 hour delivery service is eligible for delivery addresses within the stated range of eligible 24 hour stores, and courier availability. Some deliveries may not be eligible for 1-hour Delivery or Delivery in as little as 1 hour due to delivery address, holidays, weather or other delivery constraints. Prescriptions are not eligible for 1-hour Delivery but may be eligible for delivery through Walgreens Express®. At this time, delivery of orders containing alcohol is limited to select IL and FL stores. Available delivery hours for select age-restricted items may vary by store location. Deliveries must either be entirely accepted or rejected. No partial order acceptance is permitted. Most deliveries do not require an individual’s presence or signature. However, if your order contains an age-restricted item, you will be required to show a valid government ID to verify age. A signature may also be required to accept orders containing alcohol.
***Pickup in as little as 30 minutes based on national averages. Pickup subject to $10 minimum purchase. Exclusions and restrictions apply. For details, visit Walgreens.com/Pickup.
****By texting JOIN RX to 21525, you consent to receiving ongoing automated texts from the Walgreens Pharmacy regarding your prescription and other notifications related to your health or health plan. Message and data rates may apply. Consent not required for purchase. To opt out at any time, text the word STOP to 21525.
***** Same Day Prescription Delivery is available for eligible prescriptions. Most prescription orders, placed 2 hours prior to pharmacy closure and no later than 7pm, are available for same day home delivery. Please note that while most prescriptions are expected to be delivered same day, some prescriptions may not be eligible for delivery due to prescription type, delivery address, holidays, weather, or other delivery constraints. Certain health plans do not cover, or participate in, Same Day Rx Delivery. Check with your health plan for further details. Other restrictions may apply.